ISO Auditing for Maximum Rate
Table of Contents
How long would it take drivers to discover that police were no longer
patrolling the freeways for speeders due to budget cutbacks? What
would happen to the freeway's average speed during this discovery period,
and thereafter? What would eventually happen to the accident rate on
the freeways? How long would this situation continue before
taxpayers demand a change?
If the above four questions are so obvious for everyone to answer, is
the similar need for effective auditing of an ISO system difficult to
Effective ISO auditing will ensure that:
- Sr. Management has a clear understanding on what is occurring in the
organization's ISO system.
- Everyone is motivated to continuously improve the ISO system
- The relative priorities, focus, prerequisites, and attention is
provided to the necessary improvement tasks
- The improvement are completed in a timely manner
- The improved ISO systems are effective at achieving the
Effective ISO Audits can help achieve rapid organizational
improvements. Some organizations have achieved:
- 7.65%/yr average improvement each year for more than 10 years (209%
improvement over 10 years)
- Doubling of sales, and quadrupling of profits
- 650% ROI (Return on Investment)
ISO systems are based on simple, fundamental principles.
Unfortunately, many of the ISO implementations are not as simple as they
could be. PQA has done some basic research on
why ISO systems are less effective
than they should be.
If you aren't getting these kinds of improvements, chances are that 1
or more of the
Pre-requisites for Effective ISO Audits is missing or ineffective.
- Sr. Management who want an un-biased, comprehensive scorecard on
their ISO system.
- ISO Auditor who fully understands:
- the ISO standard (what it says, what it means, and how best to
- the organization's business sector ie. what separates good from
- Adequate implementation of the ISO audit report recommendations
To overcome the limitations caused by poor or incomplete
ISO implementations, PQA has developed ISO auditing techniques to help Sr.
Management effectively respond to these significant challenges.
If you choose to utilize PQA's ISO Auditing services, PQA
Analyze your unique situation. We do our homework
before we decide to best audit for effectiveness.
Develop the audit checklists, process maps, and other
necessary preparations, or review the ones you already have.
Arrange a mutually convenient time to conduct the audit.
PQA can provide recommendations so that you can adequately prepare for the
On ISO Audit Day, PQA will review the audit plan with the
PQA usually recommends 1 or more Managers accompany PQA on
the audit. They get to see 1st hand an effective audit being
conducted (it may be very different from what they have previously
experienced), and they see first hand the organization's response and
status to the audit criteria.
When complete, PQA will provide a preliminary verbal audit
report to all interested personnel
Off site, PQA will prepare the formal, written audit
report and deliver it to Sr. Management
PQA can help drive the response to the audit findings
(root cause analysis, options, project plan, measurements, document
revision, compliance3 audits, effectiveness audits, etc.)
Find out about PQA's ISO Auditing Services.
Contact PQA for a free initial consultation.